- Fixed a bug where having the system setting "Increase contrast" would break the UI
- Added a global shortcut to show the editor, contrast checker, or collection tab
- The RGB fields now show 255 values
- You can right click on the menubar icon again to show the magnifier
- Pressing escape when naming a collection now discards the edited name instead of saving it
- Fixed inconsistant button colors
- Fix bug where clicking save wouldn't save the color name if the input is still focused
- You can now drag recent colors out of the app when you own pro
- Fix bug where the copy notification wouldn't appear if only the dock icon is shown
- Double clicking the color contrast forground and background well will now copy it to your default color format.
Introducing ColorSlurp 3! Our biggest update yet, with amazing new features!
- Sync your collections between all your Macs with iCloud!
- Name colors and drag them between collections with the new collection editor page. Organizing your colors has never been easier!
- Instantly check the accessibility contrast between two colors with the new contrast checker!
- Added a color harmonies tab to the swatches picker. View shades, tints, triadic, tetradic, analogous, split complement, matched - no opacity, and complementary.
- Export collections to different languages—CSS, Sass, Swift, HTML, JSON, and more!
- Create custom color formats in ColorSlurp's preferences that can be used just like any other format.
- New menu bar menu. Access recent colors, show the magnifier, ColorSlurp, or preferences.
- You can now long mouse press in the magnifier for precision mode
- New app icon that matches the new Big Sur icons
- New UI design and icons
- Moved the "stay on top" option to the menu bar and added a preference for it.
- Added the magnifier size and zoom setting to the preferences
- Added the ability to show HSL in the magnifier
- Dark mode is now free!
- Changed the dark mode toggle to automatic/dark/light
- The "displayed value in magnifier", and "color profile" settings are now free!
- Removed NSColor formats: Calibrated RGB, calibrated HSB, sRGB. Don't worry, if you still want to use those formats you can create a custom format! If you happen to have chosen them as your preferred format, a custom format will be created automatically to replace it.
- For simplicity, the touch bar now only shows recent colors
- ColorSlurp runs fantastic on Big Sur and Apple Silicon!
- Fixed a small lag when picking or copying colors
- Fixed the ColorSlurp item in the window menu
- Fixed a crash on Big Sur
- Many other small fixes, tweaks, and improvements
We also have created new documentation on how to use ColorSlurp at https://colorslurp.com/docs
- Colors are now automatically copied to the clipboard when selecting them in the touch bar.
- When using the magnifier, ColorSlurp now asks for you to enable screen recording on Catalina when it's not enabled.
- Added two new color formats! HEXA (hex with alpha) and the new SwiftUI Color format.
- You can now choose to display HSB values in the magnifier.
- Fixed a bug where pasting a color into Xcode 11 converts it into a color literal.
- Catalina bug fixes.
- Bug Fixes
- Added CMYK sliders.
- The height of ColorSlurp’s window can now be changed.
- You can now change the collection color size in the preferences.
- Bug fixes.
Welcome to ColorSlurp 2.0!
- Collections! - Organize your colors into collections!
- Swatches! - Quickly grab a predefined color from the swatches.
- New improved magnifier with animations.
- New App Icon
- You can now show ColorSlurp’s icon in the dock, menubar, or both.
- Dark Theme. Now 25% more dark!
- Moved the recent colors from the bottom of the picker to the swatches.
- Many other small changes and improvements.
- New hue color selection box!
- Magnifier precision mode now has an icon then holding shift.
- Added animations to the saved colors when selecting them.
- Small UI tweaks
- Precision Magnifier Selection! Hold shift when picking a color for ultra-accurate selection!
- Added “Clear” and “Clear All” context menu options to the saved colors.
- The recent colors are now smaller and can be collapsed by clicking on the recent colors text (pro only).
- The picker options and color copy menus now match the theme.
- Holding option when picking a color will add it to ColorSlurp but not copy it to the clipboard.
- When set to automatically open at login, ColorSlurp will launch with the window hidden.
- Easter Egg Added :}
- Many small UI improvements and bug fixes to make ColorSlurp even better!
- New global shortcut that copies to the last copied color and format: Shift + Command + C
- Double-clicking on a saved/recent color will copy it to the main format.
- Default shortcuts. All editable shortcuts will now have a default shortcut if not already changed.
- The magnifier outline now matches the theme of the app.
Minor improvements and bug fixes
- Copy notification. Shows a notification below the menu item with the copied color and format.
- Copy notification sound. Plays a sound when copying a color. You can change the sound or turn it off.
- Right click on the menu item to show the magnifier.
- You can now adjust the magnifier’s size and zoom with the scroll wheel. Scroll to change the size. Hold option while scrolling to change the zoom.
- Support for multiple displays.